LLB; B App Sci (Planning)
Phone (03) 9886 9491
Mobile 0409 904 032
Nick CrawfordNick founded TP Legal in 2010. Having trained and worked as a town planner prior to embarking on his legal career, Nick has more than 20 years’ experience in the field.
His clients benefit from his ability to quickly identify the key legal and planning issues, and to guide them on the best course of action. They also appreciate Nick’s down-to-earth manner, and his ability to explain legal concepts in a straight-forward way.
Nick has an intuitive ability to read and interpret plans, and first-hand experience with a wide variety of different land uses. Nick is a very accomplished advocate, having appeared in hundreds of hearings before VCAT and Planning Panels Victoria.
Immediately prior to founding TP Legal, Nick had been a Partner at Best Hooper. Nick has particular expertise and experience in relation to:
- All kinds of residential development (including single dwellings, heritage, multi-dwellings, apartment buildings, student accommodation and boarding / rooming houses);
- Commercial and industrial development (including warehouses, factories, offices, child care centres, service stations, car washes, places of worship, medical centres, supermarkets and other retail centres, advertising signs, restaurants);
- Educational establishments;
- Rural land uses (including broiler and free range chicken farms, wind farms, shooting ranges and animal keeping);
- Applications to cancel or amend permits;
- Declaration proceedings;
- Planning enforcement (including applications for enforcement orders and prosecutions);
- Costs applications;
- Planning Scheme Amendments and Panel hearings;
- Applications for proscription of brothels under the Prostitution Control Act 1994;
- Applications to the Victorian Commission for Gambling Regulation under the Gaming Regulation Act 2003.